4/20/09

Inspiration

I had a small epiphany today. I realized that getting things done and actually being a "doer" comes from inspiration. When I don't feel inspired, I feel lazy. I feel basically lifeless and bored.

I think that people who watch too much TV have no inspiration. Unless of course, they are inspired by the shows they watch. For instance, I love HGTV and get lots of ideas from the different shows which inspire me to get off my butt and do something to make my house look better. TV addicts surely don't get very much done though. Let's face it, are we really inspired by reality TV?? And what about all of these teeny bopper shows like "Gossip Girl" " The Hills" and mindless, pointless other shows of that nature. I think all they do is teach our young people to be materialistic, rude to everyone, and have sex with all of their friends after they've gotten wasted at a bar in which they're too young to be at anyway. (now, yes, yes, I went to plenty of bars when I was underage but, I went to dance -- not to go home with guys and have sex. I did that when I was older!!)

If I sit down and surf channels, it's because I'm bored.....and ......you got it.....uninspired (if that's even a word). Oh yeah, I have my favorite shows like the rest of 'em. I love "Medium," "Ghost Whisperer," and "Dancing With the Stars" and I make a point to watch them each week. I wouldn't say they inspire me at all but, are a mere source of entertainment. Of course, I don't think there's anything wrong with seeking entertainment. However, if we are continually entertained by others on a daily basis, how will we ever entertain ourselves?

Get inspired! Get something done!

1 comment:

Shana said...

I agree completely!!!